All you need to know about your location settings for the Namola app including finding your lost or stolen phone, data and battery usage and the accuracy of location settings
Keep your location settings on permanently for Namola
Namola will not work if your location settings are not on, which means if you have an emergency you will need to go into your settings and switch on your location settings before you can request assistance through Namola. This will take you time. Time that you may not have in an emergency, which is why we encourage you to keep your location settings on permanently.
Finding your lost or stolen phone from your contacts
Namola takes user privacy very seriously. There are two instances when your phone's location may be viewed because of the Namola App.
1. The Namola Response Centre is only able to see your live location when you request assistance through the Namola app or through a Namola Panic Tracker, and whilst that incident is live.
2. If you have shared your live location with your trusted loved one/s, they will be able to see the location of your phone, provided that there is a data network and your phone has not been turned off.
To see how to share your location with your loved ones, have a read of this article.
For privacy and legal reasons, at no other time is the Namola App able to be used to see the location of your phone.
Data usage and battery for location settings
Sharing your live location with your trusted loved ones or requesting assistance through the app will use a small amount of data and battery power. We honestly believe that the benefit of your safety far outweighs the small cost of data and battery power that you will use. If your phone does not have any data, your loved ones will not receive an accurate live location and you will not be able to request assistance through the Namola app. However, if you do not have data, you will be directed to one of the free National emergency numbers such as 10111 or 112.
The accuracy of the location settings.
The accuracy of your location is dependant on a couple of factors:
- Do you have mobile data or an internet connection?
- Do you have your location settings enabled for your Namola App? This should be "Always" if you want to share your location with your shared contacts in real-time
- Have you granted Namola App access to the relevant app permissions?
- Apple/ iOS devices: Go to profile>go to “App permissions”> if everything is correct it will say “Congratulations - All permissions are correct” otherwise please grant Namola the relevant permissions
- Android: If you have an Android device please read here how you can improve your location on Android
Didn't find what you were looking for? Email our support desk or search your query on our our support page