How to manage your Namola alerts and location settings when using the Android 8 Operating System
We advise that you do not alter the settings of the Namola App too much, and we have developed the App to work as smoothly as possible from the outset. To make sure that you are receiving alerts from Namola in the right way, and that the App settings are set up correctly, please follow the steps below.
1. Namola - Safety Alerts
If you are not receiving Safety Alerts when a loved one reports an incident, or with updates of your own ongoing incidents, please do the following:
In your phone's menu, go to Settings and click on Notifications
Step 2: Select Namola (you may have to click the search icon and type in Namola). You will see the following screen:
Ensure "Show notifications" is toggled on. Ensure "Safety Alerts" is toggled on. See below for information on the "Foreground Banner" option below, including instructions on how to remove or show notifications for it.
After you have completed Step 2, click on "Safety Alerts". You will see the following screen:
1. The notifications are set to Alert (bell icon) and not to silent.
2. Allow notifications to show as a pop-up.
3. Adjust the Sound and Vibration only as necessary.
4. Allow content to be shown on the Lock Screen.
5. We advise that you allow notifications to show even when Do not disturb mode is switched on.
This should allow you to receive alerts from Namola. Please note that the same menu options can be accessed in two more ways:
1. By going to Settings - Apps - Namola - Notifications.
2. Within the Namola App - Profile - App Permissions
2. Namola - Foreground activity banner Alerts
Android requires apps that are running in the background to display a banner (viewable in a swipe menu), and a Namola icon in the activity banner, or else Android will exit the App. To remove the icon and banner - allowing Namola to run in the background - please do the following:
Swipe down from the top of your screen to see the banner. It will display the following text: "Namola is running in the background. To hide, tap this banner and uncheck Allow Notifications."
Click on the banner. You will see the following screen (or similar).
Toggle "Show notifications" (or "Allow notifications") off. This should resolve the issue.
NOTE: Please make sure this is only toggled off for the "Foreground banner" channel, and NOT for the Safety Alerts. To receive Smart Alerts or Safety Alerts for incidents of your loved ones, Safety Alerts should still be shown (see above).
3. Namola - Location Settings
There are times when the Battery settings or phone settings might override certain App functionalities (notably - live location sharing). If you are not able to see live-locations from your loved ones, please try the following:
1. Ensure that location settings permissions are turned on for the Namola App. Please see our Location Settings article to find out how to turn location settings on.
We advise that you leave these on permanently, as this allows the App to work best - including being able to get updates on the live locations of your loved ones.
2. Manage your Battery Optimisation settings. Go to Settings - Device Care - Battery (or simply search Battery). You will see the following (or similar):
Either select "High Performance" or "Optimised" under Power Mode or tap the App power management option. You will see the following screen (or similar):
Tap "Apps that won't be put to sleep" and select Namola. This should allow Namola location settings to run in the background.