Smart Alerts are an easy way to get peace-of-mind that your loved ones are safe. Automatically get notified when your loved ones leave or arrives at a location safely.
Get started with Smart Alerts
Switching on a Smart Alert:
- Once you’ve added a contact, you can enable or disable Smart Alerts by toggling the “bell” in your contact list.
- A “crossed out bell” means the contact is muted and you won’t receive any location alerts for them.
- A filled-in bell means you’ll receive Smart Alerts when that contact arrives or leaves a location and you will receive a notification every time they leave or arrive a place.
There are two reasons why you would "add Places" to your app:
- To personalise your Smart Alerts so you can pre-populate and save addresses/places of importance to you and your loved ones. Eg. Your child's school address if you want to know when he/she arrives at or leaves school.
- To limit the number of notifications you receive when your loved one leaves or arrives at a location.
Personalise your Smart Alerts with Places
- Open the Namola App
- Tap on the Places icon
- Tap "Add Place" or one of the other suggested places tabs.
- Tap the search bar to find the right location of the place you want to add.
- Add a name for the place you want to add e.g. Michael's School.
- Tap "Save"
- Once you have added all your important places, tap Done in the top right-hand corner to save it.
Limiting your Alerts on Smart Alerts
Receiving a Smart Alert every time one of your contacts leaves a location? Too many notifications can get irritating and overwhelming. You can manage which notifications you want to receive
Here is how to do this:
- Tap on the Location icon and slide up the contacts draw to see your contacts
- Tap on the contact to manage notifications
- Tap on the Settings icon (top right-hand corner)
- Scroll down to indicate when you want to receive notifications e.g. When Andrea arrives Home.
- Tap "Save"
Switching off your Smart Alerts
If you do not want to receive Smart Alerts for your contacts you can switch Smart Alerts off by tapping on the bell icon next to their name. You will no longer receive Smart Alerts when the bell icon is transparent with a line through it.