We are available and ready to get our users emergency assistance in lockdown. Read more on what Namola is doing to help South Africans during the lockdown, as well as more on Namola Plus and Namola Panic Trackers during the lockdown
Since midnight on Thursday 26 March, South Africa has been in 1 of 5 (5 being the most severe) possible levels of lockdown related to the ongoing global COVID-19 pandemic. will be in a general lockdown. Different levels of alert can be declared in specific provinces and districts based on epidemiological trends and the risk of infection. These will be communicated by government on an ongoing basis.
Currently, all of South Africa is in LEVEL 3 of lockdown.
Here’s what we can tell you from an emergency services point of view:
Namola’s Response Centre is open
- Namola’s Response Centre operators will remain available to serve our users in getting emergency response and information. We have made arrangements for safe, disinfected private transport and working environments, for their and their families’ protection.
- Customer support will continue to operate normally during office hours as non-essential personnel have been equipped to work-from-home.
All Namola users:
- Continue to have free access to public emergency services such as police, fire & rescue and government ambulances through the Namola app during this time.
- Continue to have free access to community emergency services such as CPF patrollers, NHW patrollers and volunteer organisations - SUBJECT to each organisation's operations in your area, and any government regulations
- We understand that incidents of domestic violence may increase over the 35-day lockdown. Namola is taking measures to work with the government and SAPS during this period to provide assistance to victims of domestic abuse. Should you be or know someone who is a victim of domestic abuse please make use of the Namola app or dial *134*7355# from any phone.
Namola Plus users:
- Continue to have access to Private Armed Response and Private Emergency Medical Services during the lockdown.
- Memberships will be discounted to R39 a month for both new and current members for the duration of the lockdown to ensure that all South Africans have access to safety while South Africa is in a state of disaster.
- If you want additional protection and peace-of-mind during the lockdown and aren’t a Namola Plus member yet, feel free to upgrade inside the Namola app. First month free.
Namola Panic Trackers during lockdown
- If you have a Panic Tracker, it will continue to function normally during the lockdown, and continue to provide you with access to Private Armed Response and Private Emergency Medical Services. Your subscription will be reduced by R10 per month until the national state of disaster is over.
- Namola Panic Tracker sales have been placed on hold during the lockdown period due to courier services not being allowed to deliver non-essential goods.
- Sales are anticipated to resume as soon as Namola is able to continue delivering Panic Trackers freely, and will depend on the applicable level of alert at the time.
- Should you want to purchase a Namola Panic Tracker after the lockdown, please contact Customer Support via email or by sending us a WhatsApp on 063 708 4989.