The focus of Namola App is on personal safety for you and your loved ones, which is now simpler and better than ever before, thanks to these key features
Our focus for the new Namola App is on making personal safety simpler and better than ever before, for you and for those that you love. We have now made the safety of you and your circle our core focus, through features such as:
- Location sharing - Easily see that your loved ones are safe in real-time.
- Smart Alerts - Get notified when your loved one leaves from or arrives safely at a specific location.
- Safety News Feed - See information about your ongoing and past incidents, and receive safety news and information which is relevant to you and your area.
- As always, SOS lets you get help fast in any emergency.
Play the video for an overview of these features.
Sharing your location
This feature gives you the ability to know where your loved ones are and allows you to request help on their behalf if they get into an emergency situation. They can also request help on your behalf if you run into trouble. This is the easiest way to look after - and help - those that you love.
For further details on a shared contact's location, simply tap on their name:
Get notified when your loved one leaves from or arrives safely at a specific location. See how to set up and create your smart alerts.
Safety News Feed
The News Feed gives you:
- Information on your past and current incidents.
- The ability to rate those incidents.
- Additional safety information that is relevant to you and your area (for example daily COVID statistics)
- The ability to comment on your incident, or those of your shared contacts
- The ability to share an image in the comments section of an incident. This transcript remains available to you in your News Feed even when the incident has been closed.
As always, SOS lets you get help fast in an emergency.
- Depending on your emergency situation, you are now able to request assistance in 3 different ways.
- Namola has now created a new incident category for sensitive incidents. Please read more here about Sensitive incidents.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Email our support desk